Sunday, February 9, 2014

"Happy"

It felt so good to get back into three mile runs today.  After nursing my heel, I was just dying to really move and get sweaty again.

I got an email earlier this week that literally made me jump out of my chair.  I got an interview with one of the biggest hospitals in Boston.  I'd met an alumni there a few weeks ago who encouraged me to apply for the position, but I live in Boston.  There are so many good schools out here going for the same position I wanted that I assumed I'd have to find back ups in other cities.  He sent me a very nice email saying that I was great and passionate and was really going to make a difference.  He encouraged me to start my career at the hospital he was at.  But, they received over 200 applications for a handful of positions.  I feel like this is one of those things for me that I've been wanting for so long, that I feel a bit frozen that it could be so close.  I left my family, friends, job, relationships, and home to move out here and try something new.  I know no matter what happens while I'm out here, I'll have a good experience, but I want the experience I set out here to have.  I want to be in a big hospital learning how they operate.  I started playing the Pharrell song "Happy" and dancing all around my apartment.

Also ...  I will need to kick it up a notch to beat this goal.



302 Miles Down 39 Miles to Go

No comments:

Post a Comment