Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Khaki's Drive My Car

I'm not sure if it's good or if I should worry ... but we started our curriculum in a two week one credit class: Ethics.  My professor actually said, "My students don't go to jail."  She was mostly joking, but also looked a little serious.  Aside from school, I am starting to love Boston.  While I was deciding to move to Boston, and I was going to get an MBA I was talking it through with someone.  I finally realized that I have to do this, because it will be a city and an experience that is mine.  Everyone in my family lives in Chicago, everyone seems to follow the same path I'm on, except this.  I still stick out a little bit ... But Boston is a strange and wonderful city.  Some lessons I've learned so far ...

1. You can, and are expected to cross the street at any time there is no car.  I pushed the pedestrian crosswalk button a few times, and people looked at me with these "Why would you mess up the natural flow of traffic by doing such a rude thing??"
2. The "T" (Public Transit) is just another hurdle in crossing the street.  They also apparently don't have to abide by traffic lights.  Actually ... Here red lights are more optional than I believe they should be ...
3. "Khaki's" actually can drive cars.
4. I guess leggings are pants?
5. Butt cleavage is totally acceptable in public.  I'm not sure these last two are a Boston thing ... as much of an I-accidentally-got-an-apartment-close-to-undergrads thing.
6. When you fight with people, its not necessarily fighting ... It's just another part of casual everyday conversation.  Banter expected.
7. Baseball attire, Red Sox specifically, is not reserved for baseball games.
8. Wicked is an adjective that can stand in place of almost any adjective.  It use to be a musical.




183 Miles Down 132 Miles to Go

No comments:

Post a Comment