Monday, September 2, 2013

My Two Paths

It happened.  I feel old.  The undergraduates are everywhere.  I had to google how many Boston undergraduates there are because it feels like 100,000.  I guess it's only about 16,000 ... I met one today.  The conversation went a little like this:

I see a sign that says "Welcome Boston University Class of 2017"  I laugh.
Random Undergraduate Boy: "Are you in the class of 2017 too?"
Me: "No ... I'm in the class of 2015"
Random Undergraduate Boy: "Oh! You're a junior!"
Me: "No ... I'm 27."

He looks confused, I walk away with probably the same look on my face.  Other than running today, literally the only other thing I did was study.  I knew this was going to be a lot of work, but holy crap it's a lot of work.

I am proud of one thing that I've changed.  My running path.  I didn't really have a choice, but I haven't run the same path since I've been here.  I use to think that running the same path would help me stay consistent, but it turns out its way more fun to be adventurous.  I did the same loop in Chicago over and over and over, and now I'm just running all over the city.  I feel like my whole life was rapid consistency in Chicago: boyfriend, job, work out, cook, sleep, repeat.  Now every single one of those things is on a completely new path.  New life path and new running paths = happy girl.



187 Miles Down 128 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment