Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It Is What It Is

Running sick is a bad idea.  I found this cute little quote that said "even a bad run is better than no run."  After today ... I disagree.  Sitting in bed not running would have been better than this.  If I were on a treadmill I would have been laughed out of the gym because I would have lasted two minutes.  I can't get better ... But I'm just sick of staying in so I went anyways.

I'm starting to get very very excited about the "Summer of Kim."  I'm spending a fill four weeks on my own in Chicago to do important things like yoga, laying at the beach, going to the farmers market and making dinner.  I will also have three weeks in August that I'll be homeless and need to find a friend who has a pool to live with :)

I recently asked one of my very close guy friends if I could stay with him and use his pool during the day and cook dinner at night to see him for a little before I moved to Boston.  ...He said no.  In a nutshell, he thought if I stayed at his place laying by the pool and making dinner, and he came home and was walking around in his boxers, we couldn't be just friends anymore.  What?!  I've always known that some of my guy friends have ulterior motives, and I would have expected this kind of response from them.  This caught me totally off guard.  I didn't even know how to respond.  It got me thinking ... Can guys and girls really be just friends? Some of the best relationships come out of friendships ... But how can you think of dating someone whose dirty little secrets you already know...  We are just friends now, and he's one of my very best friends.  I wonder if its because he'd say no to something me visiting for a week ... Or if he's just being a jerk.  His reaction was a little surprising, but it is what it is.  Accept it and move on ...



113 Miles Down 137 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment