Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sex or No?

Running sick sucks.  Running tired sucks even more.  At least I was tired for a good reason.  Just when I was writing this boy off as just a friend, he asks me to come over for wine and go see a movie.  As soon as I agreed to drive out to his house and meet him, I realized it's an hour away.  So ... If I am driving an hour, having some wine, and seeing a three hour movie ... I am either driving home really late, or I am in for a sleepover.  Which is a super comfortable thing to bring up to someone you've only seen a handful of times.  I haven't put my finger on what it is just yet, but there is something about him that I really like ... so I was not freaked out by the idea of a sleepover.

After a while, one thing started leading to another ... One question I didn't think I'd have to answer so quickly was Sex or No?  All these thoughts started racing through my mind.  Is it time for this?  I usually draw the line when sex comes into the picture, monogamous only.  Is he seeing anyone else?  Is this too fast?  I'm usually so good at saying no, getting up and walking away.  For some reason, I just didn't want to.  I'm not the kind of girl who just sleeps around, is he going to think I am?  If I'm happy and comfortable, does any of this really matter?  What about the fact that in two months, I'm moving to Boston?  I just want to have fun, be with someone I like, and see what happens.  So I am.  Why am I overthinking this so much ...

When I left in the morning ... I'd gotten three hours of sleep.  But when it came to sex or no, the answer was no.  And today on my four mile run ... I continued overthinking this.  I'm following my new mantra, just be happy.  I'm not really sure what will come of this next time I see him, but I'm happy.



120 Miles Down 130 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment