Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Eventually.

Ugh ... I'm injured again.  I've been so busy with things like Finance, Operations, and Marketing that I haven't run in a while.  And today I got the worst shin splints.  I could barely get through today's run.  I was literally in pain the whole time ... and finally I realized, I need new shoes.  I've run the maximum number of miles for a pair of running shoes.  I have never done this before.  All I could think about today is what a pain in the ass milestone this is.
 
That and I'm going home for the holidays soon.  I love and hate going home.  It's always refreshing to go home, but I'm in such a different place than most of my friends that sometimes it's kind of a bummer.  Recently I even got a text from a friend that says "Life update, I'm getting married in a few months in Ireland.  Please join us if you can.  Also, I bought a house."  He got engaged about a month ago.  Once you get into your late 20's early 30's it seems like everything happens lightning fast for everyone in the dating world.  They meet someone fall in love immediately or are done immediately and move on.  The stories of how people meet are getting more and more ridiculous too.  I have a friend who met someone crossing the street ... months later they are still talking.  My friend who is getting married in Ireland, blew out his knee in the military, came home and reconnected with an old girlfriend.  Whenever I hear stories like this, I wonder if I'll reconnect with an ex sometime ... Maybe the one who lives in Florida or the one who lives in Ohio.  (I think all the rest are married ... I'm not that into married men).  I feel like I need to do something drastic to meet someone ... like move across the country or go skydiving again.  Maybe I'll fall in love with my instructor.  Anyways ... This weekend I'll be going home to my dads house to watch history movies with him.



229 Miles Down 86 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment