Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ikea Furniture Date

I've located dimples for sure.  He walked me home last weekend and texted me to let me know "Stay away from the potato chips.  You're welcome."  He's a second year in my program, which already seems a little bit risky.  He's really nice and has been walking me home from school, which is about 30 minutes out of the way for him.  He finally walked me home, and after four other walks, he kissed me before he left.  I should be really excited, he cooks, he's older, he's funny, he loves dogs ... he's been going out of his way to be so nice but ... I'm not sure how I feel about him.  It came up when he was over, I'm not really sure how, that he doesn't want kids.  It was dropped so casual in conversation, I can't tell if he was even serious about it or joking.  So .. now what?

It's not exactly a first month of hanging out with someone question: "Hey ... I know you mentioned before you didn't want kids.  Are you serious?  Because if you are ... I'm not sure this is going to work."  I think I'll try to maybe casually drop it into conversation again and judge his level of freak out.  I don't want to have a baby tomorrow, but if someone doesn't want any at all... I just don't have enough free time to spend dating them.  Dating as an adult is so different, as soon as I find out there is something I'm not willing to compromise, I can't make myself keep dating them.  He did offer to take me out to dinner for my birthday, and help me build the Ikea furniture I ordered two months ago when I moved in.  (I'm convinced Ikea furniture was designed to make girls need boys.)

Ikea Furniture Perspective


220 Miles Down 95 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment