Monday, December 30, 2013

Drink a waterbottle, we're going running

Holy crap, I'm in Copenhagen!!  Spontaneous vacation, and I am working out while I am on said spontaneous vacation.  I went on a vacation with a classmate and her friend ... professional runners.  They run 40 miles a week, which makes my 26 a month look laughable.  We landed in Copenhagen after a wonderful eight hour flight, and my friend looked at me in all seriousness and said, "Chug a waterbottle, we're going running!"  She's crazy.  And turns out she was also right.  I ran three miles with them at a 9 minute pace, something I haven't done post accident.  It was actually not that bad, running through the streets of a foreign country where I barely spoke the language.

I don't know if it was the new country or the crazy fast pace (not really) that I was trying to keep up with, but I was so happy.  We just kept looking at each other yelling "We're in Copenhagen!!!".  Despite the fact that I booked the hotel we were staying at the night before from my dads couch in Chicago, I feel like the trip was going to be a good trip.  We had done little to no planning, and we were playing most decisions by ear, but running around this crazy place I didn't really seem to care.  I was so happy that I wasn't sitting in a classroom staring at a professor who may as well have been speaking Spanish.

I started thinking as I was trying not to get hit by a bike or a car or a pedestrian that thought it was appropriate to use their stroller as a means to get in front of me, and I couldn't shake the idea that I use to love my traveling job.  I didn't love my job, turns out I think IT is relatively boring.  But I did love traveling.  I loved being dropped somewhere new and then mastering it.  Constant change is so hard to find, but it is literally everywhere.


256 Miles Down 59 Miles to Go

No comments:

Post a Comment