Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I've Had Ten Years

I'm closing the year with a solid four mile run.  All around the royal front yard of the Copenhagen royal families summer house.  I never pictured myself on vacation, running.  In circles.  A series of right turns ... for about an hour.  But I did it!

My friend and I were talking about dating and how everyone is jumping right into relationships and marriages so fast now.  It seems like I turn around and people are dating, then married, then have kids and a house.  I never understood how your life could change this much in a year ... sometimes two.  But I know that I want all those things, so why freak out about the timeline?  She said "I've had ten years to do whatever the fuck I want to do."  Which ... is so true.  I've moved across the country, been running around on crazy vacations skydiving (Hawaii) and walking up waterfalls (Jamaica).  Sometimes I get bummed that I am missing out on the "double income no kids" piece of life, but I'm not sure it really matters.  I've already started wanting to wait to visit certain places, because it'd be more fun in a relationship than with friends.  Maybe it wouldn't be that terrible?



260 Miles Down 55 Miles to Go

No comments:

Post a Comment