Friday, December 27, 2013

Mile 250

After forcing my dad to the gym two days in a row, he was a trooper, today I ran outside around the town I grew up in.  I had been telling him it was too cold (below freezing) to run outside, and that I didn't have the proper gear to run in.  So today I ran in the new nike windproof hoodie he bought me for outdoor winter running.  I'm not sure if he was being thoughtful getting me something I wanted, or if he was tired of the meathead gym.  Something about running around a place with so many memories made me think about how far I've come from the last time I ran this route.  I remember running with my friend who was prepping for the marines (not the marine I dated).  Talking about how I was going to quit my job, about how I wanted to go back to school and move away for the first time.  I could barely get through the whole run without feeling like I was dying.  He was talking about rifles and survival skills and I was talking about student loans and Boston seafood.

I remember this stupid hill that I couldn't get up, and today I realized it's right at the beginning of my fourth mile.  I ran through it in the snow like it was no big deal.  I completely forgot about it.  Hopefully this stupid hill is kind of like my annoyance with being single around the holidays, and next year I won't mind or I won't be single anymore.  My marine friend who I was running with just bought a house, and is getting married in Ireland in a few months.



After I got back from my run, I realized that I beat my original goal today.  I ran 250 miles in less than one year.  Bring on the next 65.

253 Miles Down 62 Miles to Go

No comments:

Post a Comment