Monday, April 15, 2013

Living in the Present as a Vegan

Vegan Day 1 = Huge Success.  I loved all my meals today.  I felt full all day, and I had more energy than I've had in a long time.  I'm posting every recipe, because I didn't know vegans could eat well until I found this blog.  Everything is so flavorful and I lost that sluggish lethargic feeling I can sometimes get in my normal life.  It's funny how what you eat can have such a huge affect not only on your body but on your mood.

Breakfast: Tofu Kale Spinach Burrito



http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2011/06/vegan-breakfast-burrito-fun-with-daiya.html

Lunch: Mac and Cheese & Cinnamon Cookies



http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2013/04/boxed-vegan-mac-cheez-gone-fancy-easy.html

Dinner: Mango Avocado Basil Wrap



http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2012/07/thats-wrap-peach-basil-avocado-balsamic.html

I even had one of my best runs today.  Four miles, and I barely noticed them.  The problem I'm having now is making time to run all these extra miles (good problems!!).  I think that I need to start applying this method to my regular life.  Stop putting things into it that are affecting me negatively.  I need to weed out all the people who make me unhappy, and stop putting myself in any situations where I'm unhappy with how it affects me.  I started going to church again recently, and last weekend I officially started working daycare.  I go to church, hang out in a side room and babysit kids from 1 month to 2 years old.  I don't think there is anything that can make you more happy than little babies all running up to you hugging you.  I've also noticed as I get more involved, I'm making friends with genuinely good people.  I know it will take time for certain things in the past to settle there and no longer affect my future, but as I find more positive things to focus on in the present those things are really starting to speed up that process.  Finally ...



69 Miles Down 181 Miles to Go

No comments:

Post a Comment