Thursday, April 25, 2013

Plateaus

Vegan week was an amazing success.  I feel healthier, more energized, happier, and I'm going to keep this lifestyle.  I'm going to keep eating mostly vegan (probably with the occasional cheese or egg) in my house, and try to stay vegetarian when I leave.  I also had something very exciting happen to me this week.  The weight on my drivers license ... is no longer a lie.  I weigh the same amount I did in high school.  For the first time since then.  Plus I have muscles (because I decided not to be skinny fat and its working!).  I haven't even had cheetos in weeks.  There was a situation a couple months ago, where I walked by the vending machine and saw two co workers.  One of them said to the other "Are you pulling a Kim?" ... "Getting 2:00 PM cheetos".  I realized that I needed to change my habits then, so I switched to baked cheetos.  As it turns out, that wasn't what I needed.  What I needed was a piece of fruit.  I feel like lately I've plateaued.  I'm lukewarm happy.  I'm anticipating all these changes, but I'm not happy with what I'm doing in the mean time.

Today I went into work ... with my packed lunch box.  After driving an hour and a half.  I opened excel and turned on the iridescent light.  Four hours later ... nothing had changed except that my coffee was gone.  I realized that I've been working without any days off four three months straight.  I'm going internally stir crazy.  I think I need a mental health day ... Or a mental health week.  I am looking at yoga retreats ... I think I'll start with a mental health day, and take it from there ...



77 Miles Down 173 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment