Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pants Less

I'm embarrassed.  After all that bragging, and all those long runs, today I have a one mile run to show for myself.  Everything hurt today, and everything felt exhausted.  I was feeling crabby, but I forced myself to run through at least one mile before moving into something different.  While I was doing my abs workout, I noticed all the guys around me.  There were eight of us crammed into this tiny space, all doing planks and crunches.  What the hell was going on?  I think it's hilarious that we all sit at these desks all day working, and then we have to go to the gym and run in place and do sit ups in place.  Always stationary.  The whole thing sort of makes me laugh out loud, which I did and fell out of my plank.  (Losing whatever street cred I had).  We study and work like crazy these sedentary lives and then have to schedule time to go to a building and move our bodies in one place.  When I think of why I do it all, it's so that I can get a good job and make good money.  Is it all really that important?  I dislike my job ... and the money is just sitting in a bank account not being spent.  I'm saving it all so that when I get married my kids can do the same thing I'm doing.  It's kind of funny, and sometimes I wonder what the point is.  (For the record I absolutely appreciate my dad doing this for me so that I can have the life I have).  I'm not going off the deep end and quitting my job or running across the country (although that is an interesting idea ...), but I am challenging the status quo and wondering if it's what I really want or what I know.  I think that I've worked my butt off studying and in my career so that I may be able to choose what I want to do with my life.  When I went into consulting, I thought it's the most difficult job to get, and I took a job at the most difficult company to work at.  I even took the highest salary of the four job offers I had because it was the highest.  I didn't know much about working to be able to really know what I would be happiest doing, but I was narrowing down my options by rediculious criteria.  Wow ... I really hate everything today.  Like the girl in the picture says, even pants.  I'm protesting everything safely, pants-less in my locked apartment by myself under a blanket.  (Rebel...)



I know there is so much to be done in health care, and when I take my next job I want to be sure I'm getting closer to something that makes me happier.  Apparently it is not the sedentary lifestyle, or it's at least not the kind of work I'm doing today.

52 Miles Down 198 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment