Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Vegan Success and Focusing on the New

Day 2 of the Vegan Trial = Another day of massive success.  I still feel alert, happy, and full all day.  I had another day of delicious food with a new recipe for dinner.

This is not my picture ... but her's really does the meal justice:

Quinoa Risotto with Coconut Milk Mushrooms and Saffron



One thing I'm noticing is that I'm not "hungry" or "full" anymore.  I just enjoy eating, eat the correct proportion and then stop.  I stay full and in between I snack on oranges or bananas mostly out of boredom.  Today I felt so amazing and energized that I ran five miles.  I ran my first mile at 7:30, which I have never done before.  I remember in high school running the mile for gym class, and at the time I was in my peak athletic condition.  I would use my inhaler (popular kid alert) and run my little heart out and the fastest I ever came in was an 8:30 mile.

I think I've been feeling so great that I stepped outside my comfort zone and did something I was trying not to do ... I asked a guy out.  Something I rarely do ... but we had been talking and have a lot in common.  Plus I've had a little bit of a crush on him since last summer.  And he said in a nice way "but you're moving." Ugh.  I'm not sure why with some people I see these restrictions and with others I don't.  I have told just about every other guy that has asked me out the same excuse he was just telling me, but thinking about him it didn't bother me so much.  I'm not sure what it is that makes your just want to run up to someone and hug them when you see them vs. wanting to dodge eye contact and make excuses, but I wish I could figure it out.  I haven't really had that feeling where I wanted to ask someone out in a very long time ... So I'm glad I acted on it.  I'm pretty sure life will never slow down enough for it to be a good time for me to start a relationship so I'm going to try to not let it get in the way of that when I think that may happen.  Time to shift the focus to building the new.



74 Miles Down 176 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment