Monday, April 29, 2013

The Suburbian Triangle

I ran four consecutive eight minute miles.  I have never been so excited.  Except the problem now is that I'm barely running!  It only took me a little over half an hour ... when this use to take me a full hour (10 min walk warm up, three 10 min miles, and 10 minute cool down).  Now all I need to do is push past the four mile run.  

All I could think about today is moving to Boston!  This past weekend I went out and picked an apartment, did a history tour, got some fancy italian food, famous cannoli's, and even saw a game at the big green monster (Fenway).  I fricking love this city.  I've always loved Chicago, but it's never really been mine.  I feel like up until this point the past five years have all been typical.  I've come "home" to where my family is, I've got a job in consulting, I've moved downtown.  I've done all the things my good friend refers to as the "suburbian triangle life".  You grow up in the suburbs, go away to college, come home and move downtown, meet someone, marry and move back to the suburbs.  I know so many people doing this.  There is nothing wrong with this path, but I am just now starting to realize it isn't mine.  I don't know anyone in Boston, I don't have any family members who have gone back full time to get an MBA, and it'll be mine.

Seeing so closely the next step has put quite a bit in perspective.  I'm starting to feel like the timer has been turned upside down, the race is on!  Just like my mile pace, my life is moving quick.



I've also scheduled mental health day ... and I'm going to run, do yoga, shop, and read a book.  I can not wait to have some time to myself to unwind.

81 Miles Down 169 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment