Saturday, March 30, 2013

"Me" Kend

Back to back outdoor runs, and I'm getting more hardcore.  Today I ran three 8 minute 30 second miles.  Without the restriction of the treadmill, I am flying.  Other than that ... I have made this weekend into a me-kend.  A phrase I can't take credit to (my friend's boyfriend Nick owns this copyright), but one I love love love.  After a long time of having a type A personality, I've finally accepted a truth about me.  I am an introvert.  I love going out and spending time with my friends, and then I need to be alone to re-cooperate.  I've had two weekends of crazy, run ins with boys, friends visiting, family visiting, and barely getting five hours of sleep a night, and I just want to sleep in, cook a fancy dinner for myself and clean my apartment.  Every time I take a personality test it says "slight extrovert" and somewhere in the definition it says that I am an introvert but push myself to be outgoing because my job demands it.  Maybe this is why I'm occasionally at odds with my job ...  Anyways, I feel completely rejuvenated and relaxed.  I ran, rearranged my furniture, cooked, cleaned, and cooked a delicious meal.  Weekends like this feel like vacations from the craziness that is the week.

<3 Mekend.



51 Miles Down 199 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment