Tuesday, May 21, 2013

100 Calories a Day ?!

Today my run was fueled purely by competition.  Work has started a "fitness" competition where everyone wears pedometers.  I thought I would for sure blow everyone out of the water, I'm the only one who runs in my group.  I was sadly mistaken, they have kids.  I can live my whole day like them, go home, run three miles, and still move less than them!  What?!?!

I realized that on days I don't work out I walk roughly 1,500 steps.  That is less than one mile.  It is burning roughly 100 calories (two bite size pieces of candy) or less ... I had no idea I spent so much time sitting.  I can't wait until I'm not commuting anymore.  Hopefully when I stop spending three hours a day in the car, I'll be able to do something a little more active ... Anyways, today I ran purely to raise my steps total, and after three miles, it increased a few thousand.  I never realized how much effort you have to put into getting into shape until I decided I wanted to do it.



103 Miles Down 147 Miles To Go

1 comment:

  1. This was such an eye opener to me when I started my new job. I went from 1000 to 2000 a day to at least 5000 a day without exercise. I find myself taking the long way everywhere just to get more steps. The pedometer really helps!

    ReplyDelete