Monday, May 20, 2013

Love Story

Today's run was miserable ... It's 90 degrees in Chicago and I'm still sunburned from the weekend.  This weekend one of my best best friends from college came in town, and we spent the weekend walking around and laying in the sun.  I'm not sure why laying around in the sun all weekend made it sooooooo tough to run three miles.  I guess sometimes sitting around relaxing is exhausting.

I also spent Friday night with one of my best best friends from high school.  Like one of the ones facebook is constantly suggesting I add to my "family" group.  He's been sooo close to me since high school, he's been at family holidays, and has been professionally moving me from apartment to apartment since I was 18.  He's a year older than me, and I usually go to him for "honest guy feedback."  Now ... He has instated a rule about his friends dating his friends: separation until marriage.  Unfortunately ... The guy I've been having third beers with is one of his friends.  So now I have to try to figure out boys without the help of one ...

I also quit my job this week ... **Mini dance**.  I have never been so happy.  People are usually sad and reminiscent of something that was a big part of their life, but I just want to cartwheel around the aisles and hug strangers.  I only have five weeks left of work!!

I realized this week that huge things are changing in my career, friends, family, etc, but for some reason I keep focusing on dating.  My dad always tells me that my priorities should be 1 God, 2 Family, 3 Work.  Reading back through everything that I've been thinking about, I guess I put "family" or dating much higher than work which surprised me because I'm single.  I like to think that God is still writing my story ... Sort of like we aren't in the final season of How I met your Mother yet ...



96 Miles Down 154 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment