Thursday, May 16, 2013

If you want to run faster, then run faster.

I keep coming up with all these rules for dating "I'll not date."  "I'll never recycle." "I'm dating again but only first dates."  I think I'm coming up with all these restrictions instead of trying to figure out what went wrong.  It's easier to make up some excuse and form a new rule than to try to really figure out what is going on.

I've been talking to and seeing someone more that I've dated before (the one I went on a date with downtown ... and also the same guy I spent the night talking about running with).  I think I've just decided to start trusting my instincts and actually listening to them.  When I was with my ex for the past four years ... I noticed big red flags and just ignored them.  If I would have paid attention to them, I would have left him way before four years went by.  So I'm going to just stop making silly rules and try to find someone who is hot, funny, and crazy in bed (haha .. just kidding).  I'm going to spend time with people I like and stop spending people who don't make me feel good about myself.

So ... I went to a baseball game with the guy I had a third beer with.  I had a third beer again with him (on a weeknight) ... And ironically sat next to someone who was a track coach.  One thing led to another ... and we were on the topic of running.  He was telling us about how he gets his team to run faster.  He said as soon as they tell him they're tired, he makes them run another half mile or another mile.  "You can't get faster or run farther if you don't run faster or run farther."  I'm not sure why this hadn't sunk in before.  If I want to be happy, I need to just be happy.  Spend time with the people making me happy and doing the things that make me happy.


I'm seeing him again soon ... And I'm running the Chicago Color Run soon ... I'm so happy ...

92 Miles Down 158 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment