Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Recycling is Bad?

Since I've stopped eating vegan, runs have been so much tougher.  I didn't realized how much what you eat affects how you feel and performance.  I have decided to do my best to stop buying non vegan food, and keep those vegan meals around!  Needless to say, today was a rough three miles and I had a lot to think about.

I had dinner with an ex last night.  (Not the most recent one, but one from college).  He is in town for work and wanted to get dinner and catch up.  We dated for two years in college, and I loved that kid.  He was an a$$, but I didn't care.  I'm not sure why girls let this happen ... but we date the a$$hole as long as he pampers us.  It's funny how when you become single, ex's resurface that you haven't seen or heard from in years.  And this one is probably the only one I really loved.  We spent 24/7 together, basically lived together, and were even joking about who would be in our wedding party.  Then he got accepted to school in London, and the timing was just not right.  Six years later (now) he reappeared out of the blue in my city for dinner, and it was actually pretty good to see him after all that time.

After one good "catching up" dinner, he wanted to meet up again before he left to go home to Florida.  I know these are not "dates" but it's really hard to have dinner with someone you've only ever dated and never been just friends with.  Now all I can think about is what I like to call recycling.  (Dating the ex.)  I was such a mess after we broke up, that I swore him off.  I had such a good time seeing him again though, that I want to make sure I've sworn him off for the right reasons.  I'm already seeing big red flags that dating again would be a catastrophe.  For starters ... He lives in Florida.  His sister does his laundry.  He works late every night and on Saturdays.  I know people grow up and things about them change change, but one thing I learned from my previous ex is no one really changes.  I'm going to keep this all in my mind when I see him tomorrow.  I feel old now that dating has changed from "he's nice and buying me a drink" to asking questions like "Is he a workaholic?" "Will I still like him in 10 years?" "Is he going to pay enough attention to me and spoil me the way I want to be?"  "Does he want kids?"  Those aren't exactly conversation starters ...



87 Miles Down 193 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment