Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Timing and Manatees

Today I was so frustrated thinking about this whole Recycling business, that I went to bikram yoga again.  90 minutes of stretching, thinking, trying to breathe, and this time just trying not to pass out and faceplant.  I've decided to revise my theory on recycling.  I do think that sometimes the relationship is right, but the timing is not.  I believe that can happen.  But I think recycling is dangerous, because people expect the other person to change.  And I really believe that they won't.  Seeing my ex from college again made me realize how much I missed having that crazy spark and can't-be-without-you feeling.  But I know that's not all there is to a marriage.  I've been told before you need to agree on three things to have a good relationship: Money, Sex and Kids.  People who get divorced always have one two or all of those things at the center of it.  So ... I think that recycling is only a bad idea if you think the other person will change. If you have learned to accept each other the way you are, and are happy with that it's not such a bad thing.  Maybe sometimes people need time to grow up before they realize what they really want.  After spending four years with someone who was indefinitely indecisive, my stomach twists into knots when I hear someone say "maybe."  I didn't realize that I wanted someone who was going to be so forward until I got so frustrated with the opposite.


So now, he's invited me to visit him in Florida.  I can't decide if it's a good idea or not.  While it feels so good to reconnect with someone who knew me so well, I don't want to forget about all the things that I haven't missed.  I also don't want to start falling for someone living in Florida, when I'm on my way to Boston.  I'm trying to be cautious and not over think it.  I just want to go have fun, but not do anything stupid by going.  Somehow naturally all these old feelings sort of start to come back to you, but I'm not sure if its something to ignore or something to pay attention to yet.  


I may go though ... because I really really really want to swim with manatees, which is right by his house... And I think Florida would be a fun sunny vacation ...


87 Miles Down 193 Miles To Go
2 Bikram Yogas



No comments:

Post a Comment