Wednesday, May 29, 2013

If you don't want to be in the friends zone, ask for a date.

Sister Run Number 3.  Success.  We ran a mile and a half, but I convinced her to run an extra half mile once she was exhausted and ready to stop.  She can already talk and run ...

I've always talked to my sister about my dating life.  She's 11 years younger than me and still in high school, but her perspective is interesting to me.  About a month ago when I was at her surprise party, I told her I had reconnected with my ex.  Her friend said "Is that the one your whole family hates?"  What?!?! My whole family hated my ex ... The one I dated for four years, and I didn't know.  I don't know how much bigger of a red flag you can have.

So today when we ran, we talked about the guy I've seen a few times lately.  I told her about the couple baseball games we've gone to and out a few times, and she seems to think its a good idea to have fun and just see what happens.  I have noticed something happening that I'm not sure about.  Every time we've hung out after the first time, he's inviting me out with his friends.  I'm not sure how I feel about this, because I really like his friends, but it doesn't feel like a date.  It feels more like we're becoming friends that hang out.  I know guys always complain about "friends zone," but I think it's the dumbest complaint.  You're there because you didn't take me on a date, it's that simple.  To have a girlfriend you have to date her.  I keep going back and forth though, because I can't decide if I want to date or if I want to just be friends and hang out.



107 Miles Down 143 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment