Monday, July 8, 2013

Kick them in the Face

Ask and you shall receive.  Run in the rain!!  I hate running in the rain ... Today I was determined to get out there though.  As soon as I got far enough away to be embarrassed to go home ... It starts pouring.  Not raining or drizzling, but pouring.  I was fearing for my iPhone's life.  I decided that getting in a run was more important than my hatred for wet squishy sneakers, so I wiped off my mascara and forced myself out from under the bridge and got four miles in.

I'm trying to catch up to get back on track to run a marathon a month, because I realized my two week vacation from running set me back a little.  There's something about setting a goal for me, that just makes me want to crush it and set a more difficult one.  I started out the year thinking "250 Miles seems like an impossible distance, I'll do that."  Then I started running 26 miles a month.  So I thought ... Let's ramp it up.  Let's run a marathon a month.  262 miles in one year.  I can do that.  It feels good to make goals for myself and then blow them out of the water.  I think part of the reason I got myself into the "great embarrassment of crochetting boot socks" moment is because I stopped pushing myself.  I was playing defense in my life.  So now it's time to play offence.  I will change my goal today, to run a marathon a month.  I will run 262 Miles in one year.



135 Miles Down 127 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment