Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pizza Rolls to Famous Chicago Pizza

I am not really sure how I go through today's run, but somehow I managed not to melt into the sidewalk in a giant pool of water.  I realized I am running a 10K in less than a week ... and I am not use to running in the sun.  I'm going to die!!  What was I thinking signing up for a 10K in July in Chicago!!

I kept thinking today about something one of my best friends said to me over dinner the other night.  We've been friends for years, and she works nights and weekends while I work an opposite schedule.  We were out for pizza and wine downtown Chicago, and she looked up and said.  "Ten years ago we were eating pizza rolls on your bedroom floor.  Now we are both supporting ourselves eating pizza at a nice restaurant downtown Chicago."  As soon as I stop focusing on something big, I realize something big has happened to me.

When I got home from my run today, I looked around my Chicago apartment.  The entire thing is in boxes. Not only have I trained myself to be able to run longer and get stronger, but another big change is on the way...



141 Miles Down 174 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment