Sunday, July 14, 2013

Take Your Brain With You

I did not imagine myself working out on my "beach" vacation, but I found myself in a much needed bikram class.  Turns out, I'm having a pretty good weekend.  I called him the night before I left and we talked for about an hour about the weekend.  His grandma was in the hospital and his mom was having surgery.  I think that's a reason to cut someone a little slack for being crabby.  He also caved and went to the beach, twice.  Both times the beach closed as we put our feet on the sand due to lightning.  It stormed all weekend.  I guess that's my karma for being so head strong on going to the beach.  So today instead of trying a beach, we decided to go to yoga.

Compromise is such a frustrating thing.  I hate it.  All weekend he'd been suggesting things he thought I wanted to do, but he didn't actually want to do.  So I was going along with it assuming these were all things he wanted to do, and I was wanting to pick the rest of the weekend.  Communication breakdown.  Now I remember why we fought so much when we were dating ... Once we figured out this was going on, it was a lot easier to get along.  I'm surprised and frankly, relieved, that he didn't once bring up dating.  I think I just prefer dating someone I have more in common with now.  I don't want to have to compromise ... I just want to be with someone easy going who is open to new things ... It took me three fights and a threat to stay at a hotel to get this guy to go to the beach ... I just don't want to have that type of relationship ever again.

He did bring up my most recent ex.  (Which is completely normal ... Every girl wants to talk to her ex about another ex ...) He dropped casually into conversation, "If he came back to you and said, 'I miss you.  I made a mistake and I want to be with you.' What would you say?"  While I've thought about this quite a bit, I never thought my only other serious boyfriend would be the one to finally force me to say it out loud.  I don't think I can ever go back to him.  When you're the right person for someone, I don't think they can just pick up and leave you.  I think if he was the right person for me, he wouldn't have been able to do that.  I honestly haven't thought of him in so long, that his question caught me completely off guard.
I was just happy that I was having a good weekend and finally after so many years getting along with my college ex boyfriend.  Although the temperature in Ft. Lauderdale was the same as the muggy 105 degrees bikram yoga room, I still had an awesome weekend.



139 Miles Down 176 Miles To Go
5 Bikram Yogas

No comments:

Post a Comment