Sunday, July 21, 2013

Right Track

I found a new motivation to run.  In the past ... I have always run to be able to eat more cookies, or a second helping of pasta.  Now, It's to avoid homework.  I am not even in school yet, and I have homework that is due before the first day of class.  So today, I ran from homework.  I have roughly 40 hours of homework to do BEFORE classes start, and assignments to do and turn in before I have my first class.

It's been a personal goal to get my MBA for a long time, and I've always known it wouldn't be easy.  I am just enjoying having no responsibilities so much!  I spent two hours printing homework to study, reviewing emails, ordering textbooks, preparing documentation of vaccines, student loan amounts, financial need, etc.  After my printer had been running for three minutes straight ... I got overwhelmed and suited up in my Nike Gear and headed out for a long run to clear my head.  When I got back someone had sent me this article:

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-business-schools-in-the-world-2013-7?op=1

Boston University has been ranked top 10 MBA to receive in the world.  Before I knew it my eyes started tearing up.  What was going on?  My friends are crying over things like arguments with husbands, and babies, and promotions.  For such a long time, I wondered if going back to school was going to end up being worth it, and here was an article telling me point blank, "Yes, It's worth it."

Sometimes thinking about doing something that is completely outlandish is more difficult than actually doing it.  When I got home and started my finance homework, it wasn't nearly as overwhelming as I anticipated.  I know this is only the beginning though.

 

145 Miles Down 170 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment