Thursday, July 11, 2013

Square Peg, Round Hole

First time I've run four miles in a row three times ever, and today's run felt short.

I'm trying to figure out how to get through the upcoming weekend.  I thought "Oh It'll be fun to visit."  "I haven't seen him in forever, we'll catch up!" "We use to be so close, I'm sure it'll be a good trip."  Turns out ... He hasn't changed.  I haven't changed.  We're still oil and water.  He use to joke when we were dating that we were a square peg and a round hole.

He asked what I'd like to do for the weekend ... And of course I'm thinking MANATEEEEEEEE.  However, they are roughly a 5 hour drive from his house.  Not enough research on my part there ... So I figured there are probably lots of other fun things to do.  Snorkeling, Beaching, Kayaking, Paddle Boarding, anything in the sun.  His one request, no swimsuit activities.  And I'm instantly reminded of so many things I had forgotten in the past six years.  We are so different.  He is so stubborn.  I forgot he hates the pool/beach/anything outdoors that isn't shopping.  The last time we dated we were in college.  The only activities we had available for the most part was studying, working out, or going out.  All of which we did together.  He tolerated going out, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have done it as much if I didn't make him.

So of course, I decide it'll be much better to tell him, I'm going snorkeling.  If you don't want to, I can get a hotel.  I'm already nervous that spending three full days is getting in way over my head.  He's instantly offended, and we are fighting before I even leave Chicago.  I talked to one of my friends about this and she basically told me to be open to the fact that he may have fun things planned outside my wish list.  I think I'll call him later and talk over the phone instead of the super personal text messages we've been exchanging.  I think I'm just use to doing what I want to do, and not having any conflicts.  Time to lighten up a little, and realize this is just one weekend.  I have the whole summer to myself.


I've also realized, my brain is on summer vacation.  My goal to run a marathon a month actually totals roughly 315 Miles.  My new goal.

139 Miles Down 176 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment