Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Daughter Lives in Boston

Another four miles, and it's starting to feel like nothing.  Someone told me recently, "You never really get mad ... What is your outlet?"  Sometimes ... It's chips, but mostly now it's running.  I've even started getting a lot of compliments on my legs, which is weird but appreciated.

I had a weird thing happen to me today.  My dad was telling me a story ... as he frequently does ... He wore his "Boston Red Sox" hat at work on a Friday.  Someone came up to him and started hassling him because he's supposed to be a Chicago Cubs fan.  Telling him he shouldn't be wearing that hat unless he had been to Boston and sat in the big green monster of Fenway Park.  He looked at the guy and said, "My daughter lives in Boston.  She took me to Fenway, where I bought this hat."

Holy *&^%.  I live in Boston.  It doesn't feel drastically different than Chicago.  Sometimes I honestly can't even believe I live here.  I haven't even been here a month yet ... I saw an email on my phone today from Pepsi.  Asking me to apply to a job in the suburbs of Chicago.  I realized that if I hadn't changed my life from the path it was on ... I could be working for a company in the suburbs with a boyfriend I didn't really want to be with.  I'm so happy I changed my whole life, as hard as it was it is worth it.  Because today I am living in Boston, getting an MBA, and making more friends than I did in the two years I lived in Chicago.



195 Miles Down 120 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment