Monday, September 30, 2013

Yoga Pants

There is something odd happening on campus.  It was happening when I was at home so it shouldn’t surprise me, but for some reason I didn’t think it would be the same here.  Everyone in my class is married.  Or engaged.  Or in a long term relationship.  I’m not sure why, but I thought people going back to school would be more single and unattached but it’s a lot more of a mix than I anticipated.  After class one day this week we all went to the bar (at 3:30…) and I realized I was standing in a circle of five very attractive guys … two married, one engaged, and the other two … Have equally attractive boyfriends.  I am pretty sure dating someone in my class would be a disaster since we have all of the same classes for two years … and I can only imagine the awkward situations that kind of a breakup would put me in.
I was complaining to one of my friends before I went out for this run and told him:

Me: “I thought I was going to meet someone in grad school … They’re all married or gay!”

Him: “Study then!”

Me: “I’m just going to go running around Harvard’s campus and see what happens.”

Him: “Wear your yoga pants.”



208 Miles Down 107 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment