Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Balancing Alcohol and Friends

I love love school.  I'm starting to feel like a bit of an alcoholic though.  The stress level is so incredibly high, that people are basically sprinting to the bar next door as soon as class is over.  I didn't realize school was going to be like this.  Sometimes I feel like I'm not really learning, like I'm just memorizing things to get through the next exam and hoping they'll pick that material to test me with.  It's insane, I'll learn three subjects in seven weeks.  Rapid fire.  I've just started picking things that I won't do ... and hoping for the best ... I think I'm supposed to focus on my career also at some point ... Right now, this is on the back burner.

I started missing non-alcoholic bonding.  So much that I realized, I can have it if I plan it.  So I invited some friends over and had a nice dinner and couple bottles of wine.  I thought I'd have 3-4 girls over, but I ended up with so many people saying yes that I had to go buy more wine glasses!  It's not completely non-alcoholic, but it was nice to change the scenery from the bar down the corner.  It's weird to think that I didn't know anyone I am friends with now two months ago, and now we spend 24/7 together.  There's no better way to make you feel like an adult than to have a "dinner party."  I even had wine glass charms ... Not completely grown up though, they were mustaches.

It's also a little bit weird to have a group of girl friends to hang out with.  I've always had one or two best friends, and sometimes girls can be so overwhelming that I'm surprised I had such a good time with everyone.  I am sort of starting to miss guy friends though ... And it's so weird to become guy friends with guys who are married.  You can't hang out with them the same you can guys who are single.  I really miss having guys to hang out with and joke around with.  So much more easy going, and flirty fun.  I feel like I'm just finding balances between lots of things now.  Career and school.  Alcohol and non alcohol bonding.  Girl friends and guy friends.



204 Miles Down 111 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment