Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pescatarians and Flexitarians

I woke up this morning dreaming of regression lines.  My mind is literally spinning from everything I have learned.  I have been here two weeks ... and I am taking midterms.  I don't know how people who didn't go to business school can keep up with this amount of work.  I have only had three classes and we've plowed through half of each book.  I don't even have my things from Chicago here yet!

I've also decided to make another big life change.  No meat in my fridge.  I would be eating vegetarian, but I have just moved to a place where seafood is unbelievable and I can not pass up a bowl of clam chowder.  It will be the reason I leave with a muffin top.  It's been about six months since I regularly ate meat, and honestly I can not believe how much better I feel.  It's such a huge difference that when I have the option to eat it now I don't want any because I know it's going to make me feel bogged down and sluggish.  Interesting how my week of vegan life made me give up meat alltogether.  I found it helpful though ... not to tell anyone I was vegetarian because I always have this conversation:

Stranger: "You're vegetarian! But you eat fish"

Me: "Well I like fish, so I eat that.  I just don't eat meat a lot anymore."

Stranger: "You're pescatarian?"

Me: "WTF is that."

Stranger: "Oh you must be a flexaterian."

Whyyyyy must we label everything.  I just want to do what I want when I want to do it.  Although, with midterms happening this week, I have barely been remembering to eat at all...



200 Miles Down 115 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment