Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014: Blank Slate

Back in Boston trying to beat the jetlag.  I realized heading into the last month of my personal little challenge that I wasn't going to finish.  I had double the amount of miles to run because I spent October studying and drinking away my life.  So now I realized I needed to run double ... and since Christmas I've been running four mile runs at a time.  I have to double my running for a month, and I wonder if I could do it for a year?  Why not? I've got this far already ...

I was in a rush today so I cranked up the treadmill to a 9 minute mile, for two miles.  The gym was empty because none of the undergrads were back on campus and I had the whole thing to myself.  All I wanted to do was get in some miles, and move on to studying.  It didn't really even seem like I had done anything different except that I ran into the front of the treadmill less.  It's crazy how sometimes when you're ready to change, it just happens.  It just seemed silly not to, it was more of an effort to run slower than to just own it and move forward.  I'm not sure what big major change is coming for me, but I feel like I've cleared all the crap out of my life and I'm sitting with a blank slate.  Sometimes I get confused and go backwards, but I feel like I have a handle on it now.  So ... one to nine minute miles!!



268 Miles Down 47 Miles to Go

No comments:

Post a Comment