Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pushing Myself From the Beginning Again

When I got on the treadmill today, there was this super tiny long blonde haired girl in front of me.  I laughed, and thought for sure I could beat her.  Race was on!  And she was actually beating me!  I have to stop hypothetically racing with strangers in the gym ...  My heel was killing me  ... but I wanted more than one mile.  I literally hate recovery, all I can think about is how far behind I am from what I could do when I was healthy.

I keep thinking about a case we did in school, Coke vs. Pepsi: cola wars.  You'd think by looking at the companies that they are in strong competition with each other.  As we dove into how cola is made, concentrate, bottling, etc, we realized that the industry doesn't have strong rivalry.  You think they have to hurt each other in competition to win, but it turns out that when they work together ... They're each unstoppable.  They push each other to be innovative and successful.  This is the relationship I want, with a boyfriend and with a boss.  My professor said that one of the companies even quoted, "Without Pepsi, I wouldn't be where I am today.  They made us better."  So ... I guess that tiny stupid blonde girl (she's probably not stupid) making me upset that she could run forever was a good thing.  Because I stayed on that stupid treadmill when I wanted to get off.  I hate recovery so much, but here I am pushing myself from the beginning again.



288 Miles Down 27 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment