Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Years Resolutioners ...

The New Years Resolutioners have arrived!  I love this time of the year!  I never feel like such a bad ass.  I get on the treadmill and plan on spending thirty minutes on there.  Only 30.  In the span of thirty minutes, I outrun everyone else around me.  They are huffing and puffing and switching to walking.  I love the undergrad gym.  They're usually sitting around on lifting equipment pretending to lift as they fix their make up in the mirror on their phones or text someone else who is clearly more important than working out.  Today they were standing on the sides of the treadmill, wearing cotton (ew) ... and even talking to other people who were trying to run.  Who does that?  I started to feel like a bit of a judger, but at the same time, I'm so happy I'm not one of them ...

I've also started struggling with something that I haven't had since I started this challenge: shin splints.  So painful.  I've been sitting with ice on them at night and studying after I run.  Just when I get so close ... So close to the end ... and I have to be super careful.  So I treated this like a "break" from running.  I started getting everyone's advice on how to handle it ... I made dixie cups of ice, and increased the incline on the treadmill, and even made the decision to run less miles.  I don't want to get 98% of the way there and then do something stupid and end up back in the beginning.  But also, I want to run longer than the new years resolutioners ...



281 Miles Down 34 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment