Saturday, January 18, 2014

I don't care, I love it!

I've slowed down ... I ran two miles today.  It feels like I haven't done anything.  I forgot what "recovery" was like.  And today I had a lot to think about in terms of recovery.  Two days ago was the Turd's birthday.  I went back and forth and back and forth on if I should say something.  Until I realized, this is not something worth debating anymore.  I sent him a quick note, forgot that I saved his name as "He's A Turd" and as soon as I sent the Happy Birthday message, my phone popped up: He's A Turd.  I just started laughing.  We talked for a little while, but I felt like I could just keep him at an arms length.  It's been so long, and no feelings came back up.  We talked about his job, and how he's ready to move on from it.  He mentioned he had friends in Boston and they loved it.  Great!  I actually don't care!  That sounds terrible ... but I don't :)

I turned on the song, "I don't care, I love it!" and danced around my apartment for twenty minutes.  I'm so happy.



283 Miles Down 32 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment