Monday, January 27, 2014

Did he hit on you?!

I had a pretty strange experience last week.  I was contacted randomly by a manager at a big health care organization in Boston.  He wanted to talk to me about an open position in his group.  He set up some time to talk with me on the phone, and scheduled quickly a meeting with me to come in and talk with him more about creating an internship for me in person.  I figured either the group was a huge mess and needed some kind of change or this was just way too good to be true.  He wanted me to come in and meet all the different groups he managed and design an internship for me around something that I found interesting.  He worked in IT, and I'm pretty sure he grabbed my name because I worked in consulting for a few years in IT.

Well I put this idea in my back pocket and kept it on the table as an option.  Until I talked to another alumni who worked for him.  I asked her if she knew him and what she thought of him as a manager.  The first thing she said to me was, "Did he hit on you?!?!"  I was baffled.  This literally never crossed my mind, and then I realized he never even asked me for my resume and he was offering for me to design any kind of internship I wanted?  It didn't add up ...

I took that option off the table.

297 Miles Down 19 Miles to Go

No comments:

Post a Comment