Monday, February 4, 2013

250 Miles, 1 Year

Have you ever had a moment where you become very aware of what you are doing and where you are?  Let me preface this story with full warning that it is embarrassing.  It happen to me on a Saturday afternoon while I was sitting at home streaming an old season of 24.  In an effort to save some cash I had been taking on a lot of do it yourself projects.  I was trying to balance saving money and living in Chicago, and I found myself trying to crochet leg warmers.  As I watched the characters fall into each others arms, after he saved the world from a nuclear bomb, I realized that I was sitting inside watching other people live.  How did I end up in a studio apartment by myself crocheting a boot sock on a Saturday afternoon?

I told you it was embarrassing.

Somewhere along the lines I had made a series of choices that landed me in this situation, and I realized this is not at all where I want to be.  It's time to focus on me and where I want to be in five years.  Because if you would have asked me when I graduated college 5 years ago if I would be crocheting a boot sock to save money, I would have laughed in your face and gone to the bar.

Despite my opening story, my life is usually so hectic I sometimes forget to eat.  The time I really have to myself to think about things is when I'm running.  So it seemed clear, I need to take some serious time and focus on making changes.  This year I will run 250 miles.



0 Miles Down 250 Miles To Go


No comments:

Post a Comment