Thursday, February 7, 2013

Graduate School

Mile 2!! I'm making my first major change.  Today I mailed my acceptance letter to Graduate School.  I'm getting an MBA.  To be fair, I started making this decision months ago when I took the GMAT and put together an application.  I've spent a lot of time and research trying to decide if this would be the best next move for me.  My career started in IT Consulting and moved to Internal Operations Consulting.  I think I've stayed in this area for as long as I have because I hate problems.  I can't stand when things don't get done correctly when it's possible.  I enjoy fixing things and saving time and money for people.  There are so many things about Consulting that made it difficult for me to have the kind of life I wanted, primarily traveling Monday - Friday working 12 hour days.

At the risk of sounding like every other college graduate, I want my work to matter.  Ultimately, I want to be realigning processes and making improvements in a hospital.  As an Operations Consultant, I am currently in the health care industry.  A couple years ago, I spent two weeks in the hospital.  After seeing everything that can happen and go wrong ... I would love to be in the position to help improve that environment.  Plus, who doesn't want to go back to college life for two more years?  So ... I'll be quitting my job, trading in my business casual for jeans, and moving to a new state in six months!



If I keep making drastic changes like this after every two miles ... I could be a foot taller living in Australia next year working as a professional soccer player.

2 Miles Down 248 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment