Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Gym and My Hair

It's been almost a week ... and I have two miles to show for it.  I realize I need to pick up the pace.  Today I did my first two mile run.  (I know ... hard core).  In the midst of another snow storm, I ran two miles.  Take that Chicago!! Can we discuss the gym for a second?  I would normally not join one, except that I chose to live in the city with the temper of a two year old.  This week we had rain, snow, sleet, ice, sunshine, and something that resembled a slushie.  So ... I joined a gym.  I'll be honest, it's a meathead gym.  You walk in the door and there are gallons of protein powder everywhere and some high school girl in yoga pants is  announcing a sale on one of them that only lasts the next hour.  It was sort of annoying at first ... Every time I would walk up to the weights they would grunt and look at me like I was nuts when I picked up my 25 lb weights.  But now its kind of nice ... They are too busy checking themselves out in the mirror to hit on me.  Right now ... I sort of appreciate that.  I do wish they would wear deodorant and not so much cologne though ... One of the bonuses is that the treadmills are ALWAYS open, I just need to be able to make it through more than 2 miles at a time.  I've decided to start lifting weights to make running easier.  I naturally resorted to pinterest, pinned a bunch of workouts, and am officially the girl in the weights on her iphone.  (P.S. Dear Pinterest, posting pictures of other people with hot bodies, is not workout motivation.)  So I started adding Pinterest workouts into my running schedule.  Choosing to add in lifting to make running easier ... makes me think I'm going to have to start making smaller life changes too.  It's too bad you can't just wake up one day and have everything you want.  I think i'm going to dye my hair ... Ombre ... I've always wanted to do something "trendy".



4 Miles Down 246 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment