Saturday, February 16, 2013

Childish?

Tough. Run.

I've made a mistake that I hate making, but it's impossible to avoid.  I took a couple days off of running.  I've been sick the past week, and just couldn't motivate myself to move quickly.  Actually that's a lie.  I had a runny nose the last time I ran, and this has got to be the most challenging thing to run with.  Except sneezing.  I sneezed about four times in my one mile journey.  I almost fell off the treadmill.  Talk about embarrassing, to be the girl who falls and goes flying backwards because of a sneeze.

There's something about being sick that makes me turn into the biggest high maintenance baby.  I just want to come home, crawl into bed, drink pulp free expensive orange juice, and sleep for hours on end.  Which I've pretty much been doing.  Today as I was running though ... I didn't look at the time.  It seemed like I could barely think about anything and the twenty minutes was over.

Well anything except Valentines Day.  My friend calls it "Single Person Awareness Day."  I feel like when you get out of a relationship that was long, the next year you're constantly comparing major holidays to whatever happened a year ago, but I can't remember what I did last year.  I was dating someone, but I can't for the life of me remember if we even went out to dinner.  I dated him off and on (mostly on) for four years.  I remember one year we broke up in late January.  On Valentines Day he texted me and said "I was thinking about you, I hope you're having a good night."  Bleh.  Boys - Do not do this to your ex girlfriends.

So this year, I did something that at first I thought was rather childish.  I blocked his number.  We have been apart almost a year now, and about every two weeks having the same conversation.  "I miss you."  "I need to be alone for a while."  "This is so hard for me." "You're dumb." "I still miss you."  This happened last a few weeks ago.  I went out with some friends one night, I got drunk enough to think talking to him was a good idea.  The next morning when I woke up, I read through our conversation.  I decided that enough was enough.  This was making me miserable, and dragging on.  After talking to a friend from work who phrased it "Will you be upset if he calls on Valentines Day?" I said yes.  "Will you be upset if he doesn't?"  I said yes.  I'm not really sure why I thought it would bother me, but I do know that I want to be done with that.  So far, I consider blocking the number a good change.

This year I actually had a very very good Single People Awareness Day.  I got a little wine drunk with a friend after work, and came home to a box of a dozen gourmet cupcakes.  Now I definitely have some excess calories to burn off on the next few miles!



7 Miles Down 243 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment