Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Limbo

I love pairing a long run with an episode of Sex in the City.  It's the obvious rule book for good relationships.  (Joke ...) Today the episode was on where Carrie and Big broke up.  They were talking about how when you break up with someone, it takes half the time you were with them to move on.  If this is true ... I have another year before I get over my last ex.  We dated four years, and we broke up barely a year ago.  Although ... Since I blocked him I haven't really thought of him that much.  I'm starting to get to the point where I can't really remember him.  I can't remember his voice or how he use to act, and sometimes if I try to remember what he looks like I need a picture to remind me.  I'm pretty sure this is my mind telling me "block him out!!!".  Anyways, I hope it doesn't take that long ... That's ridiculous.  I really think that you can't be over someone until you start dating someone else you really like.  So ... I started first dating (before my dating ban).  One date, dinner, drink, and that's it.  All of them just bored me.  I couldn't get through a beer without wondering what excuse I was going to use to escape.  I felt like I was pulling conversation out of them.  How did dating become so boring ...  I did come up with a couple deal breakers.  1 - On the first date, buy my drink.  If I buy my own ... No second date. 2 - Please don't ignore me and watch the game.  I came to talk to you.  3 - After a couple drinks you need to take me out to dinner.  When did boys become so lazy about dating?

I saw this quote that I really liked, "You have time for everything you choose to make a priority."  I think if someone wants to date me, they should be doing that.  So while I'm on my "let's be single" kick, I think I'll remain in this limbo and keep making it easier to forget about my ex and not miss him.



11 Miles Down 239 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment