Monday, March 25, 2013

Smooth Sailing

And... When I first start smooth sailing... I injured myself.  I am not sure what I did to myself, but I'm pretty sure it is from running in old shoes.  The ball of my foot feels like it's on fire, horray!  I spent a good amount of the weekend with ice on my foot trying to make it numb enough not to hurt.  I finally caved and set up an appointment with the surgeon who fixed my ACL and took out all the hardware I had.  I'm absolutely frustrated, and I had an absolutely frustrating weekend.

The marine came into town again.  It was nothing short of a train wreck.  He'd let me know he was coming into town to visit a friend and wanted to stay at my place.  I was still upset that after the weekend visit, he still hadn't called to talk or catch up or just to say hello.  It took me a little bit to realize we had different expectations of what dating would be like.  When he got into town, he went to the bars with his friends and then came over after.  To be fair he invited me out, but I was home with an ice pack on my foot.  When he got to my house it was around midnight.  I had this horrible flashback of my ex going out with his friends all the time and then coming over afterwards.  It was one of my least favorite things about dating him.  He was a regular at a bar I had never gone to, because he had never taken me.  When I started to notice things about my ex like this, I should have left.  People don't change, and he didn't.  It was almost like the attraction to the marine just started leaving, and I couldn't get it back.  I was done.  We're just not compatible, time to leave.

I have some friends who can recognize immediately when a relationship isn't going to work, and they are done.  They can just pick up and move on.  It's fascinating to me because for some reason I just don't think that way.  That's where I need to be.  Oh ... And I need to go shoe shopping!



42 Miles Down 208 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment