Monday, March 18, 2013

What I learned from Green Beer

Second four mile run = Check.  This is the first time I've been running and had no physical struggle.  I could breathe, no cramps, I didn't check the clock every two minutes, no sneezing, no risk of falling off the treadmill.  I'm finally enjoying it!  This must be why runners run.  Plus I had a lot to think about today.

I sent my ex a note last weekend.  It was stupid.  Also a very mature adult conversation:

Me: "Happy St. Patty's Day"
Him: "Happy St. Patty's Day.  Hope you're having a good day."
Me: "I shouldn't have said that.  I want to take it back."
Him: "Consider it taken back."

I can't figure myself out.  For some reason, when I get drunk, I miss him.  I miss him like I use to when we were dating.  There is no way I want to be with him anymore, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I missed him.  I don't understand why I'm having this feeling.  After an obnoxious amount of focusing on this, I think I'm starting to realize why I want to talk to him.  I miss dating my best friend.  He's not anymore, but I haven't started really dating yet.  I haven't talked to the marine since I went to see him (really talked to him - excluding text messages and gchat because that is not a real form of communication).  I felt myself being sort of rude to him and I think I'm starting to figure out what is going on.  When I went to see him last, we sort of naturally rushed into the physical piece, but weren't really getting to know each other.  I'm not the sleep around type, so that did not happen, but he is not my best friend.  I don't want to end up in another relationship where I am not sure I can see it going somewhere.  It's so easy to not focus on becoming best friends when the physical part sneaks in.  I think that will be my next group of changes.  My new mini goals.  No more getting wasted and talking to exboyfriends.  What's over is over, and it's that way because it didn't work.  Hold off on the physical, it's time to really get to know someone.  This is what I learned from Green Beer.



34 Miles Down 216 Miles To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment